Updated June 14, 2022
1. Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how this use can benefit your relationship with us. The information in this document pertains to any private data collected as part of services offered and provided by rSolutions Corp. (hereinafter rSolutions).
2. Method of Collection of Information
rSolutions does not collect personally identifiable information (PII) when you browse our websites (including rSolutions.com) unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the website unless you:
- access our website from a link in an email that we sent;
- sent us your information via form or email on the site.
When we do need to collect PII from you, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to participate in one of our online or in person functions, we may ask you for information such as name, employer, address, telephone number, email address to process your reservation. We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrolment form, or through your use of our website or other reservation system.
Information may also be collected as part of: (i) fulfilling statement of work requests, (ii) part of our managed security services, (iii) submitting a job application, (iv) responding to communications from us or our affiliates (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), or (v) tracking general information such as an IP address or longitude and latitude as you visit our site to improve viewer site experiences. We endeavor to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission when necessary.
rSolutions retains applications of individuals who have sought employment with rSolutions and the results of any employment interviews or skill tests conducted by the applicant for the purpose of determining a candidate’s suitability for employment. This information is held by the company exclusively for the purpose of recruitment and hire. Information will be retained and destroyed in a secure manner in accordance with rSolutions data retention schedules.
3. Types Of Information
The types of PII that we collect may include your name, home, work and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and other information necessary to fulfil special requests such as job applications.
rSolutions may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our website, communication preferences, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, failure to provide your name and email will prevent the registration for certain events.
4. Use of Information
Typically, we will use your personal information for general business needs including responding to inquiries, employment opportunities and supplying services and products. rSolutions will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to reasonably ensure and permit the business relationship that you wish to establish with rSolutions.
rSolutions may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when we have received your written consent to do so;
- when you voluntarily choose to include personally identifiable information in a publicly accessible area of our website or when registering for a public event;
- we may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the website; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyse the effectiveness of the website and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire, but only in the event we advise you of our intention to share such information;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of rSolutions require such information (e.g., support services, vendor licensing) ;
- in the event rSolutions is involved in a merger or acquisition, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from you in connection therewith;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, and otherwise in our good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate any website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity; or
5. Use of Email
We will use your email address in the ordinary course of business and, if necessary, may use the other information to contact you for help in processing reservation for events. We also may use your email address to:
- notify you about special offers and promotions; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, or by other means to ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new rSolutions products and services, or upcoming rSolutions special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. We may offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting rSolutions directly.
rSolutions strives to keep all our customers informed however, if you reside outside of Canada, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send you information that you have not requested from us.
In some cases, your permission will be implied from the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. For example, rSolutions may collect and use personally identifiable information that you volunteer, or behavioural data or information collected in the aggregate. In addition, your permission will be deemed given for communications from us that are necessary to fulfil transactions and services that you request.
It is rSolutions’ intent and one of our missions to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and complete, you can contact us with the request to receive a copy of this information, correct, update, delete or deactivate it either by emailing us or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide your full name and street address and telephone number on your request.
To update or change your information or to opt-out of receiving marketing material:
- Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us, or
- Send an email with your current contact information to email@example.com, or
- Send a request with your current contact information to:
Suite # 200 – 1250 Dewdney Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4R 8T7
rSolutions will take reasonable steps to implement your request to opt out of electronic communication. However, please note that due to production and mailing timelines, it may take up to 15 business days to fulfil the request and, until that takes effect, you may still receive electronic communication from us.
rSolutions recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. rSolutions uses reasonable methods to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Although guaranteed security does not exist either on or off the Internet, we safeguard your information using internationally accepted methods.
We require our third-party service providers and partners to keep all private information shared with them secure and to use any information shared with them only to perform their obligations we have in place with them. We provide third parties with only the information required to perform the function for which we have engaged with them. Any information you provide directly to them independently is subject to their respective privacy policies.
In the event that a breach in personally identifiable data be discovered, rSolutions will take the necessary steps to secure the breach, mitigate its impact, and inform the affected parties where reasonably feasible. If it is deemed that the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting individuals’ rights and freedoms, rSolutions will inform those individuals. A breach notification will include the nature of the breach, contact details for the Privacy Officer, and measures taken, or proposed to be taken to address the breach, including, where appropriate, measures to mitigate potential adverse effects.
We may use third party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our services.
10. Links to Other Websites
In order to present information about our partners rSolutions provides links to other websites for your convenience and information. rSolutions is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any independent website, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our website have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked websites to understand how those websites collect, use and store information.
11. Contact Us
rSolutions takes its users’ privacy concerns seriously. If you have comments or questions regarding our data privacy practices or you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from us in the future, you can contact us at:
Suite # 200 – 1250 Dewdney Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4R 8T7
In your letter, please describe your inquiry in as much detail as possible.