rSolutions is currently seeking a candidate to fulfill a role as a Security Tester/Penetration Tester. This position requires previous experience in IT security and a passion for continuous learning.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with clients to assess weaknesses, identify solutions, and develop and maintain strong IT Security policies.
- Work as part of a team and alone on the planning and execution of tactical and strategic infrastructure and network security assessments
- Implementing and maintaining technologies for security, such as vulnerability testing, logging, monitoring, and incident responses.
- Conduct security audits to evaluate how well an organizations system conforms to a set of established criteria
- Analyze security policies and practices for effectiveness, make suggestions for improvements
- Simulate malicious tactics of a motivated adversary with the intent of achieving a specific goal
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Stay up to date and be an active participate in the overall cyber security industry
- Plan, assess, test, analyze, and report information on security vulnerabilities
- Document technical issues identified during security assessments and incidents and write reports
- Present written findings to a variety of audiences, providing details of the vulnerabilities discovered recommended remediation steps
- Be creative in approaches to solving problems
- Three or more years in an IT security role or IT support role with significant security responsibilities.
- Experience with platform administration on Linux and Windows, computer networks, experience with AWS or Azure.
- Practical experience with many of today’s security tool sets (IPS/IDS, AV, Firewalls, Vulnerability Scanners, Penetration Testing tools, etc) is a must.
- Strong critical thinking and technical diagnostic abilities.
- Ability to work in project teams and complete individual tasks in a timely manner.
- A sense of personal accountability.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Have a solid foundational understanding of networking principals, security best practices and systems administration/development.
- Have an OSCP, GIAC or other Security related certifications.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, data processing or have demonstration of equivalent experience.
- Be a compelling written and verbal communicator.
rSolutions is a Canadian Information Security and Data Analytics firm. Founded in 2010, rSolutions has grown its client base with a focus on exceptional customer care. rSolutions services a diversity of clients across Canada and the United States in Energy and Utilities, Mining, Financial Services, Healthcare, Media, Education, Retail, Telecommunications, Public Sector and Law Enforcement.
More info/Apply: email@example.com